[asterisk-users] Error building network library on OpenSolaris and 1.8.1-rc1

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:49:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at digium.com> wrote:

> On 10-12-08 03:21 PM, RR wrote:
> > Any one want to take a stab at helping with this please?? All I have
> found
> > so far is that the netsock.c file has code that references to taking note
> > when it's being built on a Solaris platform, but since I don't understand
> > this a whole lot, I am not sure where to go from here...this is the
> excerpt
> > from the netsock.c file:
> >
> I'm in the process of bring up our remote Bamboo agents for Solaris, so
> I can see if I get the same issue.  Which versions of Solaris and
> OpenSolaris are you using?
>
> --
> Paul Belanger
> Digium, Inc. | Software Developer
> twitter: pabelanger | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)
> Check us out at: http://digium.com & http://asterisk.org

Hi Paul,

I haven't tried compiling it on Solaris 10 as yet, as OpenSolaris is a lot
easier to update and download packages / dependencies etc. neverthess, the
OpenSolaris version is: OpenSolaris 2010.05 snv_134b X86, running on a Core
2 Duo Quad machine inside a 64-bit Hyper-V VM.

Let me know if you need more info. BTW, the way the OS was installed was
through the ISO available on the OpenSolaris website and then updating it
with 'pkg image-update' command and then following it with installing the
"gcc-dev" package.

Thanks
\RR