[asterisk-users] Play a number of files to a caller

Elliot Otchet elliot.otchet at callingcircles.com
Mon Aug 30 10:27:29 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Julian Lyndon-Smith
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 2:59 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Play a number of files to a caller

Hi Tilghman , thanks for the help.

ControlPlayback can't be used with ExternalIVR, can it ?

We use ControlPlayback in our current dialplan, what I am wanting (in
concept) is to have a meetme/conference room where one of the parties is a caller, and the other party a file to be controlplaybacked by the caller ;)

Best I have come up with so far is to start an attendant menu, get some curl data,  if blank WaitExten() loop back to start, if not ControlPlayback the data. If I also background() some music file, will that play while the loop is running ? I suspect that it will start again from the beginning.

Julian

On 29 August 2010 18:17, Tilghman Lesher <tlesher at digium.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 29 August 2010 03:32:07 Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>> Still can't figure out how to fastforward / rewind the current file
>> being played.
>
> core show application ControlPlayback

Using the AGI approach, you can also control the start and stop of Music on Hold.  Using this approach, I was able to mix Music on Hold and a program I wrote to check for new mail (my event in this case was an IMAP NewMail notify event) - when new mail was identified, I was able to convert it using a TTS engine and play it back for the user using ControlPlayback.  The start and stop of Music on Hold was key for me.  It was non-blocking audio playback.

YMMV.

Regards,

Elliot

This message is intended only for the use of the individual (s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary to Calling Circles LLC and its affiliates. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding or copying of this communication is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.