[asterisk-users] Play a number of files to a caller

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Aug 30 10:33:35 CDT 2010

On 08/30/2010 01:58 AM, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

> ControlPlayback can't be used with ExternalIVR, can it ?
>
> We use ControlPlayback in our current dialplan, what I am wanting (in
> concept) is to have a meetme/conference room where one of the parties
> is a caller, and the other party a file to be controlplaybacked by the
> caller ;)
>
> Best I have come up with so far is to start an attendant menu, get
> some curl data,  if blank WaitExten() loop back to start, if not
> ControlPlayback the data. If I also background() some music file, will
> that play while the loop is running ? I suspect that it will start
> again from the beginning.

No, ControlPlayback can't be used with ExternalIVR, because ExternalIVR
passes *all* DTMF input from the connected channel to the ExternalIVR
process, since that is necessary to be able to interrupt playback.

It wouldn't be terribly hard to extend the ExternalIVR protocol to allow
the external process to rewind/fast-forward the file being played back,
and then it could do that based on receiving DTMF input.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com