[asterisk-users] Play a number of files to a caller

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Mon Aug 30 01:58:57 CDT 2010

Hi Tilghman , thanks for the help.

ControlPlayback can't be used with ExternalIVR, can it ?

We use ControlPlayback in our current dialplan, what I am wanting (in
concept) is to have a meetme/conference room where one of the parties
is a caller, and the other party a file to be controlplaybacked by the
caller ;)

Best I have come up with so far is to start an attendant menu, get
some curl data,  if blank WaitExten() loop back to start, if not
ControlPlayback the data. If I also background() some music file, will
that play while the loop is running ? I suspect that it will start
again from the beginning.

Julian

Follow "Ode To Politics" by HB Tasker at http://twitter.com/HBTasker