[asterisk-users] Why does Digium not respect their own development guidelines?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Aug 29 12:18:43 CDT 2010

On 08/28/2010 08:36 PM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Saturday 28 August 2010 20:27:23 Andrew Joakimsen trolled:
>> As recent as 2008 "Asterisk 1.4 is feature frozen" if that is the case
>> how come now CallingToken support is added? I don't really know what
>> this is but all I know is:
>>
>> 1) Callingtoken adds new options to the config files
>> 2) Callingtoken is some new protocol in IAX?
>> 3) Upgrading asterisk 1.4 breaks previous IAX connections.
>>
>> So why was this added? I have 1 machine that is set not to log these
>> messages on the console and am pulling my hair out after upgrading
>> Asterisk 1.4 to a new release. It is not anything I would look into
>> normally since "Asterisk 1.4 is feature frozen"  so why would I look
>> to troubleshoot a feature that isn't supposed to be there?
>
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/security/AST-2009-006.html

This is also documented in the second paragraph of the UPGRADE.txt file
included in all Asterisk 1.4 releases that contain this functionality,
and it was rather heavily publicized (and talked about) on the mailing
lists when the first releases were made. The UPGRADE file is how
exceptions to 'branch freeze' policies are documented (in addition to
other changes) when changes are deemed necessary.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com