[asterisk-users] CDR on Transfer...

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Fri Aug 27 16:13:36 CDT 2010

Please don't top-post.

Geraint Lee <geraint at gmail.com> writes:

> to get accurate cdr's i just use a "border" server to send every call
> through that logs cdr... doesn't matter how many times it gets transferred
> internally the "border" server still gets accurate records of the whole
> call.

That is what we do too, but customers are requesting CDR's which include
information about e.g. which specific phone answered the call. This
information is unknown to the border servers.

We provide customers with access to the CDR's generated on their
particular virtual Asterisk, but we receive complaints about the
deficiencies of the 1.6.x CDR's. It is particularly troublesome that
dial plan changes often change CDR's.

With Channel Event Logging we should be able to provide all the
information which customers ask for and at the same time insulate them
from dial plan changes by logging only the information we want in
precisely the format we wnat. I look forward to that, even though it
means a bit of work mediating the logs before presenting them to
customers.

/Benny