[asterisk-users] double DTMF digits

M S 101mcs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:55:50 CDT 2010

Hi,

I've been getting complaints lately that callers to my IVR are pressing a
digit once but the system is responding as if they pressed it twice (once
for each of two consecutive menus).
I'm using an AGI script and logging all DTMF entries - and to the script, at
least, it looks like the digit is being pressed twice.  The TN being called
is a VOIP number (provided by Flowroute) and being forwarded via SIP to my
asterisk 1.6.2.4 server.  The dtmfmode is set to rfc28333 in sip.conf.

The first time this happened, I figured the caller pressed the number twice
without realizing it.  It's happening to too many people for that to be
plausible anymore.  I also experienced it once myself, months ago, when I
entered my tn as 1234567890 and had it read back to me as 1122334455.

Can anyone give me some pointers where to start troubleshooting?  Can
overloading a system cause such an error?

Thanks,
Mira