[asterisk-users] AEL - what is error: ael.flex:647 ael_yylex:Unhandled char(s):

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Aug 25 10:32:44 CDT 2010

[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Zeeshan
Zakaria
>Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:24 AM
>To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
>Subject: [asterisk-users] AEL - what is error: ael.flex:647
ael_yylex:Unhandled char(s):

>Hi List,

>When doing 'ael reload' on two servers, which are setup with asterisk
1.4.22 and 1.4.35 respectively, I am getting multiple lines of this strange
error:

>ERROR[15483]: ael.flex:647 ael_yylex: Unhandled char(s):

>On three other servers with same versions of asterisk, i.e. 1.4.22, I don't
see this error.

>Number of lines of the error are the same as the number of lines of the
code. But the AEL code works fine otherwise.

>Any idea what is the reason of this error? I couldn't find any useful info
on google regarding this error.

>Zeeshan A Zakaria

According to this

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14022

1.4.X doesn't have all of the 8-bit handling it should have (something in
your ael script is freaking out UTF-8)