[asterisk-users] Opensource Speech recognition for Asterisk

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Sun Aug 22 11:26:23 CDT 2010

I'm not aware of an open source speech product.

Some great examples where speech recognition works well are 1-800-USA-RAIL,  Microsoft/Cisco corporate directory 425-882-8080 you can say the employees name and be connected and those works great,  1-800-Goog-411 also works well.  Windows 7 Speech Recognition, Dragon Natually Speaking work pretty good. Vonage does a good enough job of sending my home voicemails to my email in Speech to Text, I use this app daily, rarely having to listen to actual voicemails.  What Speech-Text doesn't convey is anger/happiness, etc.