[asterisk-users] Opensource Speech recognition for Asterisk

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Sun Aug 22 10:09:31 CDT 2010

On Saturday 21 August 2010 17:21:30 Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> I yet have to see ANY working speech recognition software, free or not.
> This technology is nothing more than a joke so far, not practical at any
> level. As for free, there is nothing decent.

Actually, speech recognition works fine across the board AS LONG AS you use
a limited grammar set.  It's the arbitrary language speech recognition that
needs to be trained to a particular voice.  However, arbitrary language isn't
normally a common case for IVR systems, which need a limited set of responses
in order to decide the proper branch in a decision tree.

--
Tilghman Lesher