[asterisk-users] Correct Caller-ID

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 23:17:24 CDT 2010

The correct way in the US is to send NPANXXXXXX without the 1, in fact
AT&T used to display unknown if 11 digit was received.
Vonage decided to add the 1 so that their fancy stupid boxes can dial
back directly from the box. Sorry for the rant but it has created me
more headaches that I care to remember.
Cell phone providers do not add the one, it's the phone that does.
Forward your cell phone number to a landline and you'll see that the 1
is gone.