[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.0-beta3 Now Available
Asterisk Development Team
asteriskteam at digium.com
Tue Aug 10 16:49:43 CDT 2010
The Asterisk Development Team has announced the release of Asterisk 1.8.0-beta3.
This release is available for immediate download at
All interested users of Asterisk are encouraged to participate in the 1.8
testing process. Please report any issues found to the issue tracker,
http://issues.asterisk.org/. It is also very useful to see successful test
reports. Please post those to the asterisk-dev mailing list.
Asterisk 1.8 is the next major release series of Asterisk. It will be a Long
Term Support (LTS) release, similar to Asterisk 1.4. For more information about
support time lines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk versions page.
This release contains fixes since the last beta release as reported by the
community. A sampling of the changes in this release include:
* Fix a regression where HTTP would always be enabled regardless of setting.
(Closes issue #17708. Reported, patched by pabelanger)
* ACL errors displayed on screen when using dynamic_exclude_static in sip.conf
(Closes issue #17717. Reported by Dennis DeDonatis. Patched by mmichelson)
* Support "channels" in addition to "channel" in chan_dahdi.conf.
* Fix parsing error in sip_sipredirect(). The code was written in a way that
did a bad job of parsing the port out of a URI. Specifically, it would do
badly when dealing with an IPv6 address.
(Closes issue #17661. Reported by oej. Patched by mmichelson)
* Fix inband DTMF detection on outgoing ISDN calls.
(Patched by russellb and rmudgett)
* Fixes issue with translator frame not getting freed. This issue prevented
g729 licenses from being freed up.
(Closes issue #17630. Reported by manvirr. Patched by dvossel)
* Fixed IPv6-related SIP parsing bugs and updated documention.
(Reported by oej. Patched by sperreault)
* Add new, self-contained feature FIELDNUM(). Returns a 1-based index into a
list of a specified item. Matches up with FIELDQTY() and CUT().
(Closes #17713. Reported, patched by gareth. Tested by tilghman)
Asterisk 1.8 contains many new features over previous releases of Asterisk.
A short list of included features includes:
* Secure RTP
* IPv6 Support
* Connected Party Identification Support
* Calendaring Integration
* A new call logging system, Channel Event Logging (CEL)
* Distributed Device State using Jabber/XMPP PubSub
* Call Completion Supplementary Services support
* Advice of Charge support
* Much, much more!
A full list of new features can be found in the CHANGES file.
For a full list of changes in the current release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!
More information about the asterisk-users