[asterisk-users] How to record a file and play some other file atthe same time

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Aug 4 10:30:11 CDT 2010

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Janu Mukherjee
Subject: [asterisk-users] How to record a file and play some other file
atthe same time

>Hi,

>I have an xlite registered with asterisk server. When i dial a number AGI
is invoked. and in this we are running to threads one to record files and
one to play files. >So i dialed the extension and i started recording and
playing at the same time. On the xlite i m getting an indication when
recording my voice and at the same time i >could see playing the other file
too. But in the directory path i mentioned i could not see any files being
created. But i again tried after some time this time i could >see some
recorded files but i couldnt hear any file being played at the same time. I
need to achieve these both at the same time? Is there a way to do
this??Please >suggest me.

>Thanks & Regards,
>Jahnavi.

Since this forum is posted to and read from world-wide, it is arrogant and
foolish to think we all speak or type the Queen's English (In Alabama, we
think of Freddie Prince in that regard).

Rephrasing OP's question:

I have an xlite softphone registered to an Asterisk Server.  We have a set
up where I dial into an AGI that is supposed to play sound on one thread and
record on another and combine the two threads into a new recording.  I
dialed in and began recording (the xlite indicates that I am recording my
voice and I can hear the sound from the other thread).  But in my expected
directory path, I find no files being created.  Trying again later I could
see some recorded files but couldn't hear any file being played at the same
time.  I need to be able to get the combined recording file.  Is there a way
to do this?

My suggestion would be to set up a meetme room with recording and pipe the
playback thread in as a caller and/or use monitor.  There are lots of posts
regarding this within the last 6 months.