[asterisk-users] How to record a file and play some other file at the same time

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 05:34:13 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Janu Mukherjee <janu.mukhi at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
Hi, please learn to ask questions.

> I have an xlite registered with asterisk server. When i dial a number AGI
is
> invoked. and in this we are running *to threads one to record files and
one
> to play files.*
What records the files? Asterisk? Then, how are threads here involved? Do
you create your application and use *to* threads for recording and playing?

> So i dialed the extension and i started recording and playing
> at the same time. On the xlite i m getting an indication when recording my
> voice and at the same time i could see playing the other file too. *But in
> the directory path i mentioned*
you didn't mention any directory.
> i could not see any files being created. But
> i again tried after some time this time i could see some recorded files
but
> i couldnt hear any file being played at the same time. I need to achieve
> these both at the same time? Is there a way to do this??Please suggest me.

Both situation and what are you trying to achieve are totally unclear.
I reading this before asking again:
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Any case, I think it's system buffer fault that files are not instantly
seen. If I understood correctly from the "question".

Kind regards,
Motiejus