[asterisk-users] mapping of disconnect reasons

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 3 06:21:23 CDT 2010

Hi!

> Is there a way to change the mappings of disconnect reasons to certain
> SIP messages? E.G. I need to change the mapping for SIP 402 "Payment
> Required" from 16 (normal termination) like it is in 1.4.24 to 21
> (call rejected) as defined in RFC 3398.

* if you think the mapping is wrong, then you should open a ticket on the
Asterisk bug tracker

* the mapping can only be changed in the code - which you ahve

* Asterisk 1.8 will allow to read SIP response codes in the dialplan via
{HASH(SIP_CAUSE,<channel-name>)}. Asterisk 1.8 also comes with a
'use_q850_reason' configuration option for generating and parsing, if
available, "Reason: Q.850;cause=<cause code>".

Philipp