[asterisk-users] How to do analog e&m on asterisk?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 22 17:20:55 CDT 2010

Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> Thanks Kevin for your reply. We tried this option with two MultiVoIP
> devices but results were not satisfactory. I was hoping I could do it
> without any external device. My team doesn't want to take any more third
> party-asterisk integration risk for this mission critical communication
> system after bad MultiVoIP experience. I know there is an Adtran device
> which does it all in one box, and we have it deployed at some sites and
> they work flawlessly, but they are expensive too.

MultiVOIP is not a channel bank, it's a SIP media gateway. Look for a
Carrier Access ADIT 600 or something similar; pretty much any modular T1
channel bank should have E&M cards available. E&M will be expensive
(somewhat) no matter which route you take, because it's not something
that was deployed in massive volumes like FXS/FXO are, and it was
primarily used for trunking between large expensive PBXes.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com