[asterisk-users] How to do analog e&m on asterisk?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 17:07:05 CDT 2010

Thanks Kevin for your reply. We tried this option with two MultiVoIP devices
but results were not satisfactory. I was hoping I could do it without any
external device. My team doesn't want to take any more third party-asterisk
integration risk for this mission critical communication system after bad
MultiVoIP experience. I know there is an Adtran device which does it all in
one box, and we have it deployed at some sites and they work flawlessly, but
they are expensive too.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

On 2010-04-22 5:30 PM, "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:

Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Can anybody with previous experience with it guide me on how to setup
> as...
To my knowledge, there are no analog cards available for DAHDI that have
E&M ports on them. The only way to provide analog E&M support from
Asterisk over DAHDI is to connect a port on a T-1 card to a channel bank
with E&M cards in it. These should be pretty easy to find on the used
market.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com