[asterisk-users] Spam and that recent 'attack' ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Apr 16 03:12:55 CDT 2010

Here's an intersting thing - in my spam folder today in popped an email
from a Chinese manufacturing company trying to sell me the usual VoIP
stuff - phones, etc. (From com-vox.com FWIW).

However as well as targetting the email address on my web site, they also
targetted a made-up, but plausable, email address at the host that was
attacked last weekend - (systems at drogon.net and systems at xxxxx.drogon.net)
and that host has no public mentions anywhere that I'm aware of (Although
once upon a time I did publish a SIP URI to it, but that was removed well
over a year ago). Also that host doesn't run email and has no MX records
pointing to it.

So it's probably not related, but just a passing curiosity...

Gordon