[asterisk-users] How to set up Fax on Asterisk - Using analog Fax machines and HT502 (or FXS of a Digium TDM410P)

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sat Apr 17 06:13:20 CDT 2010

hin lee wrote:
> Can't upgrade the version..... how about buying a FXS gateway and be
> done with the issue.  Go to ebay and search for AudioCodes.  You can
> get 1 FXS port gateway for around $30 to 2 FXS at $85.  Probably the
> best bet is to convince the customer to upgrade Asterisk.

Seems to me at this point, unless YOU know of a technical reason why you
should not upgrade, your best bet is to tell the client either to let
you upgrade to the latest 1.4 version, or to get someone else to support
them.
I can understand legitimate legal reasons they my not want to use a fax
to email service, but to insist on continuing to use a broken version of
asterisk serves no one. They don't have the services they want or need,
and you get a black eye because you cannot give them what they want.

The customer is NOT always right.

--
Dog is my co-pilot