[asterisk-users] Friday April 16 @12 Noon EDT - Tim's Excellent Island Telephony Adventure, AstriEurop, and more EC2 rant

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 05:09:20 CDT 2010

Hey,

This week I return from AstriEurop and I'm lucky because I left
yesterday, many of my Asterisk friends are stranded because of the air
and rail strikes that got worse today.  I will mention a few things I
think are interesting from my meetings there and hope a few others
will make it and share their experiences. in particular, Mark
Spencer's keynote held a surprise or two.

Also, we will be talking about the situation of EC2 attacks. I am
adamant about getting Amazon in on this discussion. We'll compare
notes on the conference later today about this more than irritating
situation.

Finally, the featured guest Tim Panton from PhoneFromHere.com and
hopefully David Burgess from Open BTS will share with us some of their
travails on the distant island where the .nu domain resides.

Something for everyone! Rants about EC2 attacks, detailed evaluation
of the swag from AstriEurop (and rants about the wifi) and then some
actual VoIP discussion about a very interesting technology and how
it's helping people in remote areas in a big way.

sip:200901 at login.zipdx.com  starting from 11:45 AM EDT (5:45PM Europe)
in g722 wideband or g711
skype:vuc.me  - Yay Skype for Asterisk and thanks to Tim Panton and
Digium for all the fish
IRC: http://vuc.me/irc or #vuc