[asterisk-users] Avaya 9640 Convert to SIP (slightly off topic)

Ron McCarthy ronmccar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:45:59 CDT 2010

Hi List,

Ive got a bunch of Avaya IP9640 that we want to convert to SIP and then hook
up to Asterisk so we can dump this overpriced Avaya system. Ive got ahold of
the SIP firmware, but I cannot find anything on how to convert the phone
itself to SIP, when I go into setup mode it wants a "command" which im
guessing is the program code like the rest of the Avaya systems works. Has
anyone been able to convert this to SIP and if so, any suggestions for me?

Any help would be great, Ive Googled and have found a bunch of dead ends.

Thanks!