[asterisk-users] 'o' option on Dial application

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Thu Apr 15 11:03:11 CDT 2010

On Thursday 15 April 2010 09:11:09 Richard Kenner wrote:
> Is there an explanation other than the one in the application documentation
> of exactly what this is for and when you'd want to use it and when you
> wouldn't? I find the explanation in the documentation a little confusing.

The way CallerID is set on the dialled channel is a somewhat complex series of
logic to deal with various situations.  It is probably what you want.
However, some people preferred the old way that simply copied the CallerID
blindly from caller to calling, and this new complex method broke their
dialplans.  Therefore, it was provided as a legacy option only.  If we were
running out of option keys, this would be a candidate for removal to make room
down the road.

--
Tilghman Lesher