[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Timezones

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:57:08 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Aldo Bergamini <aaberga at nb-a.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed something I can't solve regarding Asterisk (latest
> 1.6.0.x).
>
> My server is set at the GMT+2 timezone. The clock is ok (I can get the
> correct time at the terminal). But today I got a call at a time where
> Asterisk should have gone 'off business hours'.
>
> All log times are wrong by exactly 2 hours. As if Asterisk would just
> sit on GMT, ignoring the GMT+2 timezone.
>
> I have looked around and I do not have found any information about how
> to set the log/system timezone.
>
> The only place I remember having a reference to timezones is the
> voicemail config file; but I do not get the link to 'server time'.

There's system clock, and hardware clock.

Whatever you get for the localtime when you do 'date' command is what
you're going to get for logs from asterisk.

It seems somewhere you have your system set to run in GMT, even though
you don't want it to be like that.

You will need to consult documentation about properly setting your
clock for your timezone.

The alternative is to leave your system 'broken', and change your time
checks to GMT.