[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Timezones

Aldo Bergamini aaberga at nb-a.com
Fri Apr 9 14:26:13 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I have noticed something I can't solve regarding Asterisk (latest
1.6.0.x).

My server is set at the GMT+2 timezone. The clock is ok (I can get the
correct time at the terminal). But today I got a call at a time where
Asterisk should have gone 'off business hours'.

All log times are wrong by exactly 2 hours. As if Asterisk would just
sit on GMT, ignoring the GMT+2 timezone.

I have looked around and I do not have found any information about how
to set the log/system timezone.

The only place I remember having a reference to timezones is the
voicemail config file; but I do not get the link to 'server time'.

Any idea?

Tia,
Aldo