[asterisk-users] Callerid over IAX Trunks

Ye Liu jaux.mw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:27:12 CDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to asterisk and this list. Currently I'm working on IAX
trunks to send/receive calls between 2 asterisk boxes with asterisk
1.6.1.1+asterisk gui 2.0. After some work in the gui, two boxes can
send/receive calls to/from the other just fine, the only problem I
have is the caller id.

Here is my setup:

1. on both boxes, I added an IAX user in the gui, say the extension
and password are 999
2. I then created IAX trunks for each box using 999 as username and
password, hostname/IP was set to be other box's IP
3. when done, from the system status panel, I saw the trunks
successfully registered to the other box
4. then I added "Outgoing Call Rules" to each box:
    for box1, _2XX --> to_box2_trunk
    for box2, _1XX --> to_box1_trunk

This setup works ok, the only problem is caller id, i.e. when
extension(200) from box2 calls to extension(100) from box1, the call
can be made but the caller id displayed on 100 is 999 not 200.

I have been on this problem for some time already, could anyone here
give me a bit help please?
--
Ye Liu (AKA @jaux)

http://jaux.net