[asterisk-users] Being attacked by an Amazon EC2 ...

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:06:49 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:
> If RBL or something is practical, I'm in too. But at what level these
> hackers will be blocked? Unless some big ISPs cooprate, it is not much of
> use.

I've been following this with much interest. I don't see RBL (which I
use extensively for email) as doing much. SOme activity on Twitter
already. Perhaps a hashtag #EC2exploit or something better is needed?

Harness the famous power of social media.

Start making it clear, in a concise, specific a,d policte/civil way
that Amazion needs to do something about this. They need to put in
place a fast reporting system, one that can take the IP, timestamp and
the nature of the complaint and have someone investigate the activity
quickly. This can turn into a telephony botnet if they don't get the
s**t together.

The effect of proper action against the abuse goes further than just
preventing individual attacks, it can help stop cvriminal networks
from growing up.

Use your own publishing power to to state your case out there:

Your blog, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, emails whatever
weapons you have at hand to send Amazon a message. I'm a longtime
Amazon customer for all their products including S3 and Cloudburst, I
will write them about what I think. I suggest you all do the same.

/r