[asterisk-users] Change in menuselect handling of sound files (in 1.6.1.X)

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 12 10:50:28 CDT 2010

Hi,

Between 1.6.1.9 and 1.6.1.18, handling of menuselect has changed in such a
way that I cannot script non-english sound files downloading anymore.

The following used to work (unattended) with 1.6.1.9 (for instance):

cd /usr/src/asterisk-${ASTERISK_VERSION}
./configure
make menuselect.makeopts
echo "MENUSELECT_CORE_SOUNDS=CORE-SOUNDS-EN-GSM CORE-SOUNDS-FR-GSM" >
menuselect.makeopts.defaults
make USER_MAKEOPTS=menuselect.makeopts.defaults menuselect.makeopts
make
make install

Now, with 1.6.1.18, CORE-SOUNDS-FR-GSM is not downloaded anymore.
I quickly compared both Makefile contents but it's too complex for me.

How should I change my script to download sounds files ?

Regards