[asterisk-users] over running my did's

Timothy C Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Sat Apr 10 22:24:18 CDT 2010

I have a did with 20 channels from didforsale. that we use to let local
members call to listen to a conference several times a week without long
distance charges.

The upcoming call is getting more interest than usual and from places
that are not local so we want to use a free conference service in
addition to the local conference.

How can I setup a conference on my asterisk box for the people that
normally call in there and also call an outside number for those that
are above and beyond the 20 lines channels I can provide and the are
long distance anyways so a number here or a number in iowa doesn't make
them any difference.

is there a way that I could call the outside conference # and then
transfer it to a local asterisk conference and then hang up can call the
local asterisk conference back - and if I do that how do I hang up the
long distance conference when it is done?

I seem to be missing some basic understanding here.