[asterisk-users] over running my did's

Darren Wiebe darren at aleph-com.net
Sat Apr 10 22:52:18 CDT 2010

On 10/04/2010 9:24 PM, Timothy C Litwiller wrote:
> I have a did with 20 channels from didforsale. that we use to let local
> members call to listen to a conference several times a week without long
> distance charges.
>
> The upcoming call is getting more interest than usual and from places
> that are not local so we want to use a free conference service in
> addition to the local conference.
>
> How can I setup a conference on my asterisk box for the people that
> normally call in there and also call an outside number for those that
> are above and beyond the 20 lines channels I can provide and the are
> long distance anyways so a number here or a number in iowa doesn't make
> them any difference.
>
> is there a way that I could call the outside conference # and then
> transfer it to a local asterisk conference and then hang up can call the
> local asterisk conference back - and if I do that how do I hang up the
> long distance conference when it is done?
>
> I seem to be missing some basic understanding here.

I would call into the free conference service and then transfer that
call into my meetme conference.  If you're using Trixbox you can use the
MeetMe web control to disconnect the call when you're done.  You can
also disconnect calls from the asterisk cli using the "soft hangup" command.

Darren Wiebe
darren at aleph-com.net