[asterisk-users] OT: Wireless headset / phone combination

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Apr 6 03:17:56 CDT 2010

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Warren Selby wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Alec Davis <sivad.a at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>  I've been asked for recommendations for a small call centre, an ethernet
>> SIP deskphone with a wireless headset.
>>
>> Similar approach would be a mobile phone with bluetooth head set.
>>
>>  Either I've not looked hard enough, or there isn't much on offer.
>>
>> Alec Davis
>>

> I guess the main question would be how much are you willing to spend?  You
> can get some good wireless headsets from Plantronics for around $200
> (includes the headset, base, and lifter for the phone).  I have a client
> that uses several CS55 headsets with the HL10 lifter and they're very happy
> with them.

Seconded - I've clients with the Plantronics CS60 and CS70's with the
HL10's on a combination of Snom and Grandstream GXP2000 desk phones. A bit
extra desk spaghetti, but they think it's worth it...

Plantronics also have a USB cordless headset too - for use with a
soft-phone (although I'm not sure how it sends the 'answer' signal back to
the PC/softphone)

Another client of mine uses Siemens DECT phones with a wired headset to
the phone (standard 2.5mm jack - so most mobile headsets work) clip the
phone to their belt (or put it in their pocket) and off they go.. It's a
cheaper solution to the Plantronics at the expense of a bit of fiddle
factor...

Gordon