[asterisk-users] Parking - How to transfer the other party to a given slot

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:31:51 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble to figure out how I could implement this feature :
"When on call with a contact, local operator would dial a sequence which
would park the remote party to a specific parking slot, among the hundred of
existing slots.
(to each extension, a single specific parking slot is attached and there are
too many extensions to dedicate BLF or short DTMF sequence to each) ."

Example:
Operator receives a call from 0123456789.
He talks to remote party and then decides the call is for extension 1234.
As extension 1234 is busy at the moment, Operator forwards the incoming call
to slot 11234, typing *911234, for instance.
The person using extension 1234 would see that slot 11234 is busy and would
try to shorten ongoing call.

Should I use features.conf's dynamic features for that (to allow a specific
DTMF sequence while on call) ?
Then how can I let Operator type digits after *91 prefix ? Should I use
Incomplete() application ?

Regards