[asterisk-users] Testers Wanted for IMAP Voicemail patch

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:12:56 CDT 2009

Hi All -

At Leif's suggestion, I'm soliciting testers for a patch to IMAP voicemail.

Currently, when asterisk checks for voicemails in an IMAP folder, it
only looks for messages in the same context and with the same
voicemail box number as the person dialing in to VoicemailMain().  I
believe this artificially limits what can be done with IMAP voicemail.
 For example, I'd like to have an administrator who can drag and drop
messages using an IMAP client from his/her voicemail account to other
users' voicemail accounts.  This is not possible with the current
implementation of IMAP voicemail.

The patch under this bug:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15670

changes the VoicemailMain() app to look for any voicemail messages
regardless of what context or user the message was originally created
for.

I'd love to see this make it into some version of asterisk sooner
rather than later.  Comments and suggestions are welcome.

FYI: The patch is incredibly simple and small so stability issues
should not be a concern.

Thanks!
Noah