[asterisk-users] Custom CDR Help

Todd Routhier fonemasta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:34:40 CDT 2009

So, it's been a while and I am just lately getting back into Asterisk stuff.

I am trying to remember/understand how CDR works and after lots of trial and
error and searching the archives, google etc, I am stuck and have a few
questions.

I have setup custom CDR and am trying to figure out the following:

1- Can I just set a variable like set(SomeVar=SomeValue) Then stick this is
cdr_custom.conf    ${SomeVar} and expect ${SomeVar} to be written out to the
CDR? My thought is that it won't work because only predetermined variables
for CDR can be set but not new variables created.

2- CDR userfield is useful to a point. The problem is we are using
Agents/Queues with the option to write the wav file for the call recording
to the userfield. So, whatever we write in the userfield gets overwritten by
the recorded wav file, file name. Is there anyway to keep the usefield from
being overwritten other than by turning off the link option in agents.conf?
Also, is there anyway to write multiple delimited items in the CDR userfield
at different times within the dialplan by appending instead of overwriting
everytime?

3- We are using agents/queues as mentioned above. Each time the queue rings
an agent another CDR record is created in addition to the other CDR records
that are created during the same call. If the queue ends up ringing 3 agents
before the call is answered, we end up with 3 useless (for our needs) cdr
records. Is there a way to keep those CDR records from being generated? We
already tried NoCDR() at the point just before the agent extension is dialed
but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any help the list can provide with one or more of
these questions. Just need a little help knocking the rust off :)

Regards,
 Todd R.