[asterisk-users] Blind transfers security

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Mon Sep 14 16:32:16 CDT 2009

On 15/09/09 3:12 AM, Stanisław Pitucha wrote:
> 2009/9/14 Olle E. Johansson<oej at edvina.net>:
>> Make sure that each device has a TRANSFER_CONTEXT dialplan variable.
>
> What about a situation where sip devices register at a proxy in front
> of many asterisks and asterisks authorise all calls from that proxy?
> I.e. I don't have any devices that asterisk would know about. That way
> as far as asterisk is concerned, the call is a simple trunk call and
> the B side (in A->B call) doesn't trigger any TRANSFER_CONTEXT setting
> when doing a transfer.

If your users are not connected to Asterisk and Asterisk just sees all
calls as origination from your proxy, surely the place to sort this out
would be the proxy.

Can you not set a variable in the proxy before sending the call to
Asterisk and use the sip header function to retrieve it once in Asterisk?

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director