[asterisk-users] features.conf : feature map ==> getting feature to work

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Sep 8 04:09:58 CDT 2009

8 sep 2009 kl. 10.17 skrev jonas kellens:

> Erik,
>
> I have placed everything in features.conf in comment ( ; ). Still
> when I run show features, I get this :
>
>> clarkconnect*CLI> show features
>> Builtin Feature           Default Current
>> ---------------           ------- -------
>> Pickup                    *8      *8
>> Blind Transfer            #       #
>> Attended Transfer
>> One Touch Monitor
>> Disconnect Call           *       *
>> Park Call
>> clarkconnect*CLI>
>> Dynamic Feature           Default Current
>> ---------------           ------- -------
>> opnemencaller             no def  #*
>> opnemencallee             no def  #*
>> clarkconnect*CLI>
>> Call parking
>> ------------*CLI>
>> Parking extension   :	700
>> Parking context     :	parkedcalls
>> Parked call extensions:	701-750
>
> So there might be indeed a mix-up.
> It seems to me that the default features, like *8 for pickup, cannot
> be disabled. Even when in comment they still work !
> I have restarted Asterisk after changes in features.conf.

The "*8" is indeed a hard-coded feature in many channels, but only
works if you've enabled callgroups and pickupgroups in the channel
configurations, and it's a dialstring, not a DTMF code.

The blind transfer functionality is enabled by the 'tT' options to
dial(), like the disconnect call feature.

The dynamic features is something you've enabled in features.conf.
They require dialplan intervention to work.

Call parking are again extensions, not DTMF codes. To work, requires
you to include the context in the dialplan for a device/line.

So apart from the dynamic features, what you see here is the Asterisk
defaults that can be changed in features.conf, but will always be
there. They only work if you enable them in other files.

/O