[asterisk-users] Asterisk-1.6.1.8 DTMF with SIP is not working

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Sat Oct 31 04:24:36 CDT 2009

Joseph wrote:
> I always had a problem with SIP and DTMF, I'm using old sipura adapters and have one digium iaxy FXS unit which works almost perfectly, never had any problem
> with DTMF on this unit.
> However, all phones connected to Sipura don't work very well especially when I setup speed dialing numbers to do banking, entering account number etc.
> (sipura units are set to dtmf=auto)

DTMF Detection is done at your ATA, asterisk has nothing to do with
that. Try the different settings on your sipura unit to improve DTMF
detection, ie: relaxed dtmf, rx/tx gain, impedance. I don't remember
exaclty but you don't need "auto" if you are certain that your SIP
endpoint is either info or rfc2833.

--
Iván Stepaniuk
Alba Fotónica S. L.