[asterisk-users] Asterisk-1.6.1.8 DTMF with SIP is not working

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 22:58:59 CDT 2009

On 10/30/09 23:15, Moises Silva wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Joseph <syscon780 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/30/09 17:28, Joseph wrote:
>> >Trying asterisk-1.6.1.8 but I can not get dtmf signal to go through.
>> >dtmfmode = rfc2833
>> >is there still problem with dtmf in version 1.6 ? :-(
>>
>> Will DTMF + sip ever be solved in asterisk or it is impossible task?
>> I remember having problems with DTMF ever since ver. 1.2 :-/
>>

>Your question is too general. I don't remember ever having a DTMF problem
>since 1.0, so it depends on the use you give to asterisk and the equipment
>you use.
>
> --
>Moises Silva
>Software Developer
>Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
>Canada
>t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com

I always had a problem with SIP and DTMF, I'm using old sipura adapters and have one digium iaxy FXS unit which works almost perfectly, never had any problem
with DTMF on this unit.
However, all phones connected to Sipura don't work very well especially when I setup speed dialing numbers to do banking, entering account number etc.
(sipura units are set to dtmf=auto)

--
Joseph