[asterisk-users] Asterisk-1.6.1.8 DTMF with SIP is not working

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 13:34:05 CDT 2009

On 10/31/09 10:24, Ivan Stepaniuk wrote:
>Joseph wrote:
>> I always had a problem with SIP and DTMF, I'm using old sipura adapters and have one digium iaxy FXS unit which works almost perfectly, never had any problem
>> with DTMF on this unit.
>> However, all phones connected to Sipura don't work very well especially when I setup speed dialing numbers to do banking, entering account number etc.
>> (sipura units are set to dtmf=auto)
>>
>DTMF Detection is done at your ATA, asterisk has nothing to do with
>that. Try the different settings on your sipura unit to improve DTMF
>detection, ie: relaxed dtmf, rx/tx gain, impedance. I don't remember
>exaclty but you don't need "auto" if you are certain that your SIP
>endpoint is either info or rfc2833.

That could be part of the problem as well. The old sipura 3K (green box) doesn't have setting: relaxed dtmf (the newer silver one Linksys do but the echo on
PSTN line is unacceptable, and almost impossible to fix, but this is another problem).
On the sipura 3k ATA I've try to change setting from DTMF=Auto to DTMF-AVT (that is rfc2833) but it didn't help.

I have two standard analog phones both Uniden (but different models) one is transmitting DTMF OK via both Sipur ATA and Digium iaxy + Sipura ATA (PSTN)
swapping the other phone fails on both lines.  So it could be the problem with the phone but I have tried two other different ones and both fail to transmit
DTMF correctly.

Adjusting the gain on PSTN line (+3 -3) doesn't make any difference.

--
Joseph