[asterisk-users] Asterisk Server with Panasonic PBX

ABBAS SHAKEEL shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 21:57:06 CDT 2009

C F thankyou very much.

when i make a call to Asterisk server recieves and works fine. But as to
make external calls we have to press nine so supposed a logic to dial 9
first then wait and then dail other number. But as i dail 9 asterisk show
the call as connected with alot of noise. Please help in how to handle this

Nothing very important logical its a client who don't want to trash its
existing system. So we need to do that. I know Asterisk is far more better
to use and handle his requirements but ....

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 5:25 AM, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any simple legacy integration will work. Search on voip-info.org
> Here are some problems that I know exist with panasonic systems on
> their SLT (analog) ports:
> 1. No CPC, Asterisk if connected using station ports on the TDA to FXO
> on asterisk, will not detect hangups since the TDA will not send them.
> 2. BLF and the like will not work.
> 3. There are different ways of making sure that asterisk users should
> be able to use the lines on the TDA depending on how you chose to
> connect them both.
>
> On a side note, may I ask why you are integrating asterisk with the
> TDA? What is the functionality you plan on gaining?
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:50 AM, ABBAS SHAKEEL
> <shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> > I have a scenerio to integrate an Existing Panasonic PBX with a new PBX
> that
> > will be Asterisk system.
> > I know that Asterisk can be integrated with existing Panasonic TDA 100
> PBX
> > to recieve calls (ie PSTN lines to Panasonic PBX and out lines of
> Panasaonic
> > to in of Asterisk PBX).
> > -->But i am in doubt if i can make Asterisk to make calls outside from
> the
> > existing PBX ?(ie usually press nine and then wait for a line. In
> Asterisk
> > system we will dail 9 first then wait then dail the number). Please share
> > your ideas and experience.
> > All the calls will be recieved by existing Panasonic PBX and an Operator
> > will forward calls to Asterisk PBX ... this is requirement.
> > Please also let me know which type of hardware will be required at
> Asterisk
> > end to handle lines from a PBX.
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards