[asterisk-users] interfacing asterisk with a legacy PBX

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:27:20 CDT 2009

Your question doesn't seem clear on which way you have set up already.

Phone -> Asterisk -> legacy PBX -> one of the 23 extensions
Or the other way?

The capabilities of your specific existing PBX and asterisk need to be
matched up. With an FXS you could have the other end dial with DTMF a string
like *5551212#5551213# and then have asterisk use the first number as
callerid.

All I know about PBX's is that somebody has done similar to that.