[asterisk-users] OT - DECT SIP Phones

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Oct 23 02:34:43 CDT 2009

----- "--[ UxBoD ]--" <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:

| ----- "Alan Lord (News)" <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
|
| | On 17/10/09 15:02, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
| | > Hi,
| | >
| | > I have three Snom M3s at the moment but getting pretty fed up with
| | the issues :(  I am UK based and would be interested to hear of
| other
| | peoples recommendations.  Key features :-
| | >
| | > * VM Notification
| | > * Good Range
| | > * G729 codec support
| | > * Common/Private Address Books per Handset(s)
| |
| | Siemens Gigaset:
| |
| http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/04/27/siemens-gigaset-685ip-phones/
| |
| | One of the most popular posts on my blog over the last 1 1/2 years.
| It
| |
| | still gets lots of hits from people looking for info on them.
| |
| | FYI We have two sets in our network - they haven't missed a beat
| since
| |
| | installation.
| |
| | HTH
| |
| | Alan
| |
| |
| |

S685 set turned up the other day and have had a good chance to try it out ... Voice quality is definitely superior to the M3 though I guess that will be addressed in the M9 with G722 support.

Impressions of the Siemens phone :-

Pros
----
Great Voice Quality
Easy to configure
Good range
Ability to transfer address books
Good build quality

Cons
----
Keys feel fiddly
Keys response time when dialling is very slow
When call connection is made a audible beep is heard which cuts of the first .5 second of a VM message
DTMF does not all transfer correctly

On the whole it seems a very capable phone and very well laid out. For my personal needs it just does not feel right with how the keys react.

Hopefully the M9 will be released very shortly so I can make a comparison.

Thanks to everyone's replies.

Best Regards,

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration