[asterisk-users] interfacing asterisk with a legacy PBX

Torintino T torintino1 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 24 03:57:36 CDT 2009

If I understood your question well,you can do this,
if your legacy PBX has a feature of DISA, that's enable you after entering the PBX to dial your desired extension,
you can setup each FXS port as an extension, then create a ring group containing group of extensions (with 1 digit for example) to ring with a hunt strategy,
and if you want to call a one of 23 leagcy extensions, you can dial the Ring Group extension and then while you are on the DISA of the legacy PBX you can dial the desired extension.

Hope this helps.