[asterisk-users] OT - DECT SIP Phones

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:54:08 CDT 2009

On 23/10/09 08:34, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
<snip />

> S685 set turned up the other day and have had a good chance to try it out ... Voice quality is definitely superior to the M3 though I guess that will be addressed in the M9 with G722 support.
>
> Impressions of the Siemens phone :-
>
> Pros
> ----
> Great Voice Quality
> Easy to configure
> Good range
> Ability to transfer address books
> Good build quality
>
> Cons
> ----
> Keys feel fiddly
> Keys response time when dialling is very slow
> When call connection is made a audible beep is heard which cuts of the first .5 second of a VM message
> DTMF does not all transfer correctly
>
> On the whole it seems a very capable phone and very well laid out. For my personal needs it just does not feel right with how the keys react.

I agree with the response time on the keys, it does seem to be quite
slow but I have got used to that now - after 1 1/2 years :-)

Will the M9 also have an analogue interface? That is one of the main
reasons for my choosing this phone. It's a great dual home/home-office
phone because of that.

Cheers

Al