[asterisk-users] OT - DECT SIP Phones

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Oct 23 03:05:33 CDT 2009

----- "Alan Lord (News)" <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

| On 23/10/09 08:34, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
| <snip />
| >
| > S685 set turned up the other day and have had a good chance to try
| it out ... Voice quality is definitely superior to the M3 though I
| guess that will be addressed in the M9 with G722 support.
| >
| > Impressions of the Siemens phone :-
| >
| > Pros
| > ----
| > Great Voice Quality
| > Easy to configure
| > Good range
| > Ability to transfer address books
| > Good build quality
| >
| > Cons
| > ----
| > Keys feel fiddly
| > Keys response time when dialling is very slow
| > When call connection is made a audible beep is heard which cuts of
| the first .5 second of a VM message
| > DTMF does not all transfer correctly
| >
| > On the whole it seems a very capable phone and very well laid out.
| For my personal needs it just does not feel right with how the keys
| react.
|
| I agree with the response time on the keys, it does seem to be quite
| slow but I have got used to that now - after 1 1/2 years :-)
|
| Will the M9 also have an analogue interface? That is one of the main
| reasons for my choosing this phone. It's a great dual home/home-office
|
| phone because of that.
|
| Cheers
|
| Al
Hi Alan,

The feature set of the M9 does not appear to be available anywhere yet, unfortunately as it is being released late this month, so not sure about the analogue interface.  Personally I have a TDM card in my Asterisk server so that feature in the phone is not on my list of requirements.

I type pretty quick on a handset so the slow response does hinder me a bit which is why it went on my cons list.  The Siemens is a good phone as I expect, hopefully ;), the M9 will be.

As always I guess it will come down to personal preference.

I just hope when the M9 is released it does not have all the issues the M3 had when it was first launched.

Best Regards,

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration