[asterisk-users] GSM 6.10 codec for Asterisk

Alejandro Cabrera Obed aco1967 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:42:12 CDT 2009

Dear all,

I'm planning to buy some IP phones with GSM audio codec support in order to
use with an Asterisk SIP server I have implemented and nowsuccessfully
running with softphones like Eyebeam and Twinkle.

A vendor offer to me the SNOM 300 IP phone, that support GSM 6.10 audio
codec. I've looking for GSM 6.10 codec in the web but there is no helpful
information. Just I enter the Asterisk CLI console and after running the
"show codecs" command I get the GSM codec as valid.

Can you tell me if Asterisk support the GSM 6.10 audio codec ??? What the
difference between GSM and GSM 6.10 ???

Special thanks,

Alejandro