[asterisk-users] video support with voicemail question

Gallmeier, Jonathan Jonathan.Gallmeier at polycom.com
Mon Oct 12 15:36:26 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get voicemail to record video as well as audio. So far,
only audio is recorded. I'm using files instead of the ODBC or IMAP.

I'm running 1.6.1 beta code (I've tried several versions here). I've
also tried running the video branch code and get similar results.

I can run the echo application with both video and audio, so I'm
confident that I have my sip and other configuration files set up for
video. I can also make video SIP calls fine using H.263 or H.264

My voicemail.conf file looks like (pardon my text editor, it seems to
demand that the first letter of each line gets changed to caps)

[general]

Format=wav|gsm|h263|h264

[default]

3131 => 1234, test mailbox, jonathan.gallmeier at polycom.com,
tz=central|attach=yes

My extensions.conf has a simple test configuration that looks like:

[general]

Static=yes

Autofallthrough=yes

[default]

Exten => 3131,1,Voicemail(3131 at default,u)

Exten => 3131,n,Hangup()

Exten => 6060,1,VoiceMailMain()

Like I said, everything works fine for leaving an audio voicemail. Video
is just not recorded even though I'm calling in with a video call to my
voicemail extension (3131).  Does the voicemail app record video as I've
seen stated in several places? Am I missing something big here?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan