[asterisk-users] How to send a digit to a channel??

Pablo Bernasconi bernasconi.pablo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:19:04 CDT 2009

Hello!

I need to send a digit to a channel of an established call, from "outside"
of Asterisk, I suppose it must be from the AMI.

I want to send a * for example, but in addition to reproducing the sound of
that digit (I dont care thatl), I need that the digit sent actually performs
an action.

For example if I have configured that the attended transfer in Asterisk is
"#2", I need somehow to be able to send the "#" and the "2" for the transfer
menu begins.

Any help with this???
I have proved with PlayDTMF, but all it does is play the sound of the digit,
but nothing happens...

Please need help!
Thank you very much.

Pablo Bernasconi