[asterisk-users] Please some enlightment on ENUM !!

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Mon Nov 23 15:18:56 CST 2009

Norbert Zawodsky wrote:
> Leif Neland schrieb:

Just as you would have to pay for a bunch of PSTN-numbers if people
should be able to call into the extensions via PSTN

As ENUM is implemented, it is a mapping of PSTN-numbers to routing.
There is not an option to further delegate numbers "below" a PSTN-number
to extensions.
But people can dial into your Asterisk via ENUM, and then dial the
extension at the voice prompt.

However, at e164.org, you can get a FREE164 number out of the +882 99
number pool.
These numbers are for dialing Internet hosts only, they are not 'real'
telephone numbers!

There you can get a series like 88299 008971 0 to 88299 008971 9999 for
your extensions.

Leif