[asterisk-users] Please some enlightment on ENUM !!

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Tue Nov 24 09:26:29 CST 2009

Norbert Zawodsky wrote:
> Leif Neland schrieb:

Yes... you would have to register (and possibly pay for, dependent on
the ENUM registrar) each individual number. The idea behind ENUM is that
it's an E164 number that is already yours that maps to whatever you want
it to map to (email, SIP, etc).  The key point here is that you already
own the E164 number. If you do, then you could register them all at
e164.org for free.  If you don't own the individual numbers, you
shouldn't be allowed to register them as your own. That sort of breaks
the ENUM concept of a number you take with you as a personal identifier.

N.