[asterisk-users] Please some enlightment on ENUM !!

Norbert Zawodsky norbert at zawodsky.at
Mon Nov 23 14:35:02 CST 2009

Leif Neland schrieb:

> [...]
Hi Leif!

No, I cannot believe that this was the right way. It would mean that I
would have to register (& pay !!) for every single extension. BTW the
How-To, the registration agent I'm using provides on his website,
states, that if you're operating a PBX, you should only register your
"main number" (=without any extensions).

I *assume* that if I do an ENUMLOOKUP() of a number which includes some
extension at the end, the DNS request is somehow delegated to that
"sub-server" which is authorative over this sub-domain. This leads me to
the next *assumption* that the "right" way would be to run an "own" DNS
server which returns the sip-uri's for my extensions.

Can someone confirm this?

Norbert